Thursday, May 6, 2010

Road Trip!!

I just spent the last two days in Rexburg! Here is how the story goes....my friend Ben, who is from Kennewick, served a mission in Guatemala. I met one of his mission buds, Tren, here at USU and last week I got a text asking if I wanted to head up to Logan to see Ben. So Tren and Eric (another mission bud) picked me up Tuesday night and went off to party in the 'Burg. That night we met up with Eric's friend Tanya and hung out at her place for a while. Tren serenaded us with his guitar skills and it was all just super chill.

I stayed with my cousin BreAnn and her husband Ben and she was so sweet and let me take her car on Wednesday. I shoveled down a ton of pizza for lunch at Craigo's. I went up to see my Grandma for a bit and then finally met Brandon's fiance, Andrea, and I totally approve of the two of them! She was so cute! She showed me pictures of her wedding dress and her colors...I am so excited for them! Then I met up with the boys and Tanya at Ben's place and Ben's roomies almost had a cow because we were still there when their dates showed up for dinner. Tanya's roomies threw a Cinco de Mayo party and made some of the best enchiladas I have ever had. Then we played spoons and I almost took out Tren's eye. Ben had heard of some other parties around campus so we went out to party hop. We made it eight minutes before one ended...total bust...and then the other one was at Ben's neighbors place. There were so many people crowded into that tiny living room. Tren beat out a black guy in a dance off and I almost got crushed by a crowd-surfer. Pretty legit haha BYU-I style...

After that party we went back to Tanya's and the boys met Elder Walkinghorst....apparently he starred in the amazing Preach My Gospel movie. They were so obsessed with him it was pretty funny. I basically passed out on the couch and then eventually they took me back to my cousin's. Today Ben made us pancakes and then we set out for L-town! It was a ton of fun! Rexburg isn't really a hoppin' place, but it was good to see people and just take a break, a much needed break. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment