Just shy of a year... and I am back!
Today my thoughts are on the Atonement and how the Savior, Jesus Christ, must have felt as he was carrying out his Father's plan and giving us the ultimate gift. This clip is phenomenal. It has helped me have a greater appreciation for his sacrifice. I love my Savior and I am so grateful that I will never have to go through this life alone. I know that he lives.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
I don't even know how to describe how grateful I am for the blessings in my life.
My internship is up next week and this past month has been so stressful trying to figure out my next plan. I had submitted so many resumes and cover letters to businesses in Utah and was frustrated that nothing was working out. Then, in the space of five hours, I got accepted to teach English in Taiwan, had an interview set up in Provo, and was approached about a position at Southwest. I was so overwhelmed! I went from having zero prospects to having three incredible opportunities.
I hadn't really considered staying in Dallas up until this point, but from the moment I was told about the position, I knew that it was right.
So here is my big news, I am staying in Dallas for six more months!
I get to work with the Chase Co-Brand Team in Marketing at Southwest Airlines. I am so excited for this opportunity and can't wait to get started on my projects. I still get to work a little bit with the team that I interned with, but I get exposure to a different side of marketing and get to work with the Chase Credit Card. I am so grateful for this job and know that I am blessed. The position is a Contractor position, so in six months I will either be asked to extend, offered a full-time position, or I can be on my way to my next adventure.
I found a roommate and an apartment today and I am so glad that I get to live with somebody from the ward. I was afraid that I would end up living all by myself and Rebecca is wonderful and we are going to be great roommates!
Everything has been falling into place and I know that it is because I have been doing all that I can. We have to go through some crazy trials before we get to experience joy, and all I can say is that I have been tried and I am so happy now. Dallas just feels right, it's as simple as that.
The past four months I have spent so much time traveling and hanging out with other interns and I am excited to get to know the people in my ward and spend more time in Dallas. I am excited for my Dallas adventures!
Sunday, April 15, 2012
To celebrate Kelsey's birthday... Erin and Jada made a wall of balloons over Kelsey's desk and wrapped her chair, computer, and phone in plastic wrap.
We had tornado weather and had to go to the storm shelters!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
1) Finding connections with people. My new friend at work is from Moses Lake, WA and went to BYU. It made my day!
2) Volunteering. We spent 2 1/2 hours on Wednesday sorting tangerines at the Food Bank. It was pretty neat and I got to bond with some of the other interns.
3) Buy one package of shredded cheese, get one free!
4) $0.10 off per gallon at the gas station. One full tank of gas and one happy Shana!
5) March Madness. I don't even know what else there is to say. This is my favorite time of the year. I love getting emotionally involved with every single game. My bracket is a winner so my teams had better get their acts together! :) Oh how I love this.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
I'm bringing back the weekly update of five things that make me smile. This week was full of great moments!
1) Hearing "Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects on my Pandora station.
2) Free lunch at work, leftovers the next day, and then free lunch again!
3) "I've heard great things about you!" It is always nice to hear this from people in the office.
4) Watching my brother attempt to slurp chicken noodle soup the day he got his braces put on.
5) Google+ Hangouts. I love my friends!