Thursday, May 27, 2010

Journal

Last night I bought a notebook and it has now become my journal! I am the worst at writing in a journal so this trip is going to cure me. I wrote my first entry last night and from now until July there will be a new entry every day (I hope!). I have also set a new goal for the trip. The other day I bought a blue Book of Mormon (the ones that missionaries hand out) and I am also going to try to read from it every night. So my goal is to read from the BOM, write about my day, write one thing I learn from my reading, and then write one thing I am grateful for. It's a lot...and it's going to be rough....but I think it will definitely be a good thing and I'm hoping it will help me create some good habits.Also, for my blog posts, I will be doing a picture of the day. I will probably only blog once or twice a week, but for every day I am gone, there will be one picture depicting my favorite part of the day. That way I will still have things to talk about when I get home and I don't have to spend much time online. I plan on spending most of my time wandering around and exploring. South America here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Today in my Swiss prep classes we talked about photo of the day blogs. I'm doing the same thing too. YAY. Can't wait to see all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude shan. you will love keeping a journal. even if you don't get it everyday. i love mine. seriously one of the best things i've ever done. and i miss you! can't wait to hear about sa!!! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept a journal when I went to Ecuador. It was the best idea ever. There were so many thoughts and feelings that occurred there, that I wouldn't have known what to write when I got home, or I would have forgotten about them completely!!

    ReplyDelete