Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hey ya!

I should be doing homework....but I am feeling a little rebellious right now and taking a break. I am officially 1/3 of the way done with these classes! (ok so I do have to do in-country projects for all of them...but they shouldn't be too bad) Two more weeks and I will be in Chile!!! The excitement is starting to kick in for real and I love it!

Today I Skyped for the first time ever and fell in love with it! I never really understood the craze, but it is honestly the neatest thing ever. Car and I had a nice Sunday chat and it made my day. Anybody want to Skype with me? Let's make it a date! haha

Here are my random thoughts of the day:
  • Life changes so freakin fast! I moved out barely a week ago and already everything is different. Friends. Life. Opportunities. Boys. Free Time. Everything.
  • Props to people that are nice. I have been attending the same ward since last August and today nobody really wanted to be nice or friendly. I mean, I could have attempted to make friends.... it is a two way street... but it was just weird there. So a girl sat by me and we chatted before sacrament meeting started and then after the meeting she invited me over for dinner with her roomies. I didn't go because of my Skype date with Car and then I decided to do some homework. But I thought it was really nice of her to invite me, really really nice.
  • I need to see some sun. I was going to go tight-less today. Ya I know, why would I ever not wear tights to church, it just isn't me! But really, I wasn't wearing any tights and then I saw my legs and immediately put on tights. :) I know I don't actually ever get tan, but a little color wouldn't hurt me at all.
  • I have a constant headache. It is knowing that I should be studying. Saturday I woke up, dyed my hair, studied, hiked the wind caves with Karen, studied, went shopping, went over to Sig Ep and ate with Karen, Larry, and Bryan, studied, and then went to see Robin Hood. Every single time I had a break or got bored in the hangout...I went home and studied. My head literally hurts from all of this, ugh!
  • I am addicted to food! I have a set schedule and that is how I get through classes. I eat a granola bar after econ, a PB&J sandwich after finance, and a nutri-grain bar after science. Natalie usually starts a countdown of how much longer we have in a class, and I follow with the countdown to eating. I love my snacks!
  • The river trail is not the same without Stacey. There, I said it. :) Seriously though, I've ran on it almost every day this last week, and I just don't like it as much without my Stacey!
Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday....the big 4-5! Crazy! My dad is definitely the best dad ever. He has such great patience! We definitely had our disagreements back when I lived at home, but the way he deals with everything, people, church, work, our family, he is so patient and always is positive. He has gotten after my mom and me for being negative or gossiping about others many times, but he always finds the good in people and I rarely have heard him put anybody down. My dad is a hard worker and has the best set of ethics. He has rightfully earned everything that he has. He has a sense of humor and is always teasing us. For a great majority of my life, I have always worn a ponytail. My dad used to make comments when I would wear my hair down, that I actually looked like a girl... it drove me crazy because it was pretty obvious that I was a girl so therefore I didn't have to wear my hair down. Thanks dad! haha Now I wear my hair down almost every day...and I would like to think that some of it is because of you. Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

  1. dang it! i miss the river trail! i never have time to work out anymore :( i miss you!

    ReplyDelete