Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home

I have been home for three days now and I think I've finally settled in, even though I really wish I was still down in South America. It all feels like a dream, like I have been in the Tri all summer and never even went there. Crazy! But I learned so much from this trip and can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. It was extremely educational and a lot of hard work, but I can definitely say I have changed and hopefully it is for the better. It was the small things I saw everyday that had the greatest impact. I don't want to bore anyone with my life-changing moments, but just know that I would go back in heartbeat and I loved every moment of it.

But there are some things that make me grateful to be back. Like...
  • Brushing my teeth with tap water.
  • Drinking tap water.
  • Working out.
  • Being able to go on a walk without the fear of being robbed.
  • Not wearing a money belt.
  • Driving my car and not riding in a bus
  • Eating salad.
  • Eating meals at home.
  • My family.
And here is what I miss.
  • My S.A. family....all 30-something of them!
  • Trying to communicate with people in Spanish.
  • Empanadas
  • The tres amigas
  • The beach
  • Macchu Picchu and Cusco
  • All of the other sites
  • Churros with dulce de leche
  • Random song outbursts
  • Journal writing with my girls
  • Soccer games
  • Everything!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you had such an eye-opening experience. I will go back to S.A. with you in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go!!! I want to backpack through the amazon...haha that's my next goal!

    ReplyDelete