Friday, September 10, 2010

Twenty-One

Today is my birthday...holla at being 21! For some reason I feel like I deserve a birthday blog post...to myself.... so here it goes.

Once upon a time (on September 10, 1989, to be exact), I was born in a really small, super cool town in Idaho called Montpelier. That's pretty much how the story goes. My family moved around quite a bit in my young years and we finally settled in Washington right before I started second grade. Now I'm at USU and 21 years of my life are in the past. Crazy!

My birthday has never been a huge deal to me. I get excited and I love to count down to it, but having it the first or second week of school is kind of a bust. So I thought I'd put together a list of birthdays that stick out:
  • When I was five or six, I had a Pocahontas party. Enough said. It was great!
  • For my 10th birthday, I invited a couple of girls from my old elementary school and a couple from my new school. One girl got me Pokemon cards and brought her stuffed pikachu with her.
  • I had my first massive sleepover for my 12th birthday. We were mean girls and made one cry.
  • I believe it was at my 13th that we made my friend Jessi "date" a kid that lived down the street. I guess we really were bullies in middle school.
  • For the big 16, my mom's friend made me a cake that looked like a driver's license.
  • My last birthday at home, the wonderful 18, I invited people over for cake, no big deal. Bones's mom also made me cupcakes with jellybean flowers on them and we also had a small party at his house the next night.
  • For number 19, I was a terrified freshie with no friends, so my awesome roomies pulled together a party with our neighbors.
  • Last year, I celebrated my birthday along with my roomie Car with a Weekly Wednesday Winner Dinner, Birthday Style. She made chocolate lasanga. It was grand!
I love getting birthday cards and texts and facebook posts. It really does make the day so much better. So thanks to my friends and family for all the birthday wishes and especially my parents, for having me. I have a feeling 21 is going to be an exceptionally great year! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Cute Girl!!! Let me know when you want it and I'll make you chocolate lasagna again!

    ReplyDelete