Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Feeling Great

I love waking up in the morning to a lively apartment. Last year I had to work at 8 every morning, so I would get up around 6 and feel like I had to tiptoe around so I wouldn't wake anybody up. (Stacey would sometimes already be up studying for anatomy...that girl is crazy!) This semester I don't work until 9 and when I get up Kaili and Alyssa are always up and sometimes already gone. It is so fun! I know that sounds ridiculous, but I am so much more of a morning person than a night owl. I just feel like I get so much more accomplished when I am up and at it by 8.

I am obsessed with Scrabble. I have been playing games on Facebook with a couple of my aunts and an uncle and it makes me feel so smart. It is a classic game and it is fun. I really don't know why I love it so much, I just do. McKayla bought me the board game for my birthday. Oh Scrabble!

I love listening to motivational speakers. Tuesday in my Marketing Institutions class we had Angela Redding come talk to us about getting into the PR and advertising field. I left feeling so intimidated and empowered by her success. I want to be her! She was a USU graduate and finished her MBA in 2007 and already she has been a VP of a PR firm and has now started her own advertising consulting firm.

Lately I have been so obsessed with adding to my resume and trying to find different clubs and activities that will help me stand out. She made the point that all of those activities are great, but it isn't your resume that gets you the job. Your resume will get you the interview, but you have to shine through your interview. If you have to change who you are to appeal to the hiring manager, then that job isn't for you and you aren't meant for that job. This kind of put me at ease. It is all stuff that I have heard before, but it hit me a little bit harder this time and I am now stopping to take a breath. And it feels great. I am still looking for different activities to do, but I don't need to overload it. I just need to show a little more dedication to a few and I think I'll be set. I am now beginning the internship search...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment