Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Grandparents Rock!

Last night something phenomenal happened.... Duke won the NCAA Championship game!!! It was amazing! I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my entire life (that may be exaggerated just a little bit), but man, if Butler would have hit that final shot, I would have cried like no other. I love Duke, but they always seem to choke in the tourney. I am so proud that they pulled through and took the title. The Big 3 worked so well together, Jon Scheyer will be missed next year...but I think they will still have a great team if the Plumlee brothers can make up for Zoubek. I honestly just love college basketball and I am so sad that the tournament is over. It was a great three weeks.

Now onto another tangent... March Madness makes me think of my grandparents. My Grandpa Bischoff got me started on my love for Duke. When we were younger, my mom would always take us to Idaho for spring break. My dad had to stay home during planting, so we would spend the majority of the time at my mom's parents' house. My grandpa would always be watching the tournament and he really liked Duke, so I decided that I could like Duke too. And that like turned into a real love, and that is how I came to love Duke.

My Grandma Bischoff is one of the kindest, most caring people I know. Before we would take these spring break trips, I would email my grandma and "reserve a room." That way I always got the room that I wanted and it made me look cool. She always had a box of Raisin Bran for me too. Every once and a while I will get random phone calls or messages from her and it always makes my day!

My Grandpa Sanders always makes me laugh. Every time I go over to their house, he comments on my bag. It is almost always a different bag and I carry everything I own it. For Sunday dinners, we always have ice cream and he loads crushed nuts on it because he is diabetic. A couple weeks ago, he let my cousin Elizabeth do his hair after I refused to let her play with mine. He is always happy and is good at making you feel like your worth a million bucks.

My Grandma Sanders is a fighter and never lets anything bring her down. She is battling lung cancer for the second time and I think she is an amazing person. She takes care of everyone and puts them before herself. Last year, my roommates loved it when I would come home from her house because she would always send me home with cake or brownies. I'm so grateful that my grandparents are willing to take me in when I'm homeless between semesters, it's nice to have family around.

I have some of the coolest extended family members around and I love them all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment