Friday, April 30, 2010

Best Library Shift Ever!!!

So once upon a time my supervisor Dani and I were sitting at work on a wonderful Friday morning. A big man in overalls and a beanie walked past the circulation desk and used some of our hand sanitizer. Of course he squirt way too much and it got all over the place. He asked if we had any towels but it was practically a yell. We said no but we would take care of the mess. He then took off his beanie and wiped it up. Conversation hearts (like the Valentine's day candy) fell out of his beanie. After wiping up the mess, he put the beanie back on his head, bent over and picked up the candy, and then walked away. He was crazy! We laughed so hard!

Well today....I had an experience that by far tops all of my library experiences! Brooke and I were discussing shopping and we heard this really loud voice coming down the stairs by the elevators. It was a lady (that honestly could have been a transvestite). She may or may not have been talking on the phone (she had headphones in...but it could have been an iPhone?) She was ranting about Danny Glover coming to speak at graduation. She wandered around and found the book sale to the north of our desk and yes she was still talking insanely loud and everyone in the library was staring at her and trying to keeping down the giggles. Well she brings books up to our desk to purchase it and Brooke takes off running....Thank you Brooke! haha so then I had to help her. She went off about pennies that she had found and then asked me and a random guy if we were excited for Danny Glover to come because she wasn't even a student anymore and she was coming. Then she started shouting, "They still haven't made me Mormon!" The entire time I managed to keep a straight face! Yay me! She was wearing a really short skirt with spankies underneath...yes we saw them and it was not ok....and a big sweatshirt. I honestly think this lady was INSANE!!! She left and the guy that was standing behind her got to witness my tears of laughter when I started dying and couldn't control it anymore. I think the entire first floor of the library was laughing. It made my day...and I will never be the same! haha

1 comment: