Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dark Blue

Sometimes I just have those days that I feel down. I used to be an emotional person and would cry over anything; now, I can't even make myself cry when I want to. It amazes me how life works. We all have our trials and experiences, but they are very individual and personal. I struggle to let people in to understand how I feel. Some things I am very open about, and others, I don't tell anyone. I think we all are this way to an extent, but lately, I just feel a little off. The weather definitely isn't helping much. I am ready for spring.

I keep hearing Jack's Mannequin and even though Dark Blue is semi-depressing, it puts a smile on my face.

So when I do feel down, I find that it helps to list out things that make me happy. A year ago, I made a list of 100 things so I decided today that I would make a list of 50. It was fun comparing my two lists, I only had four or five that were the same. These are things that have made me happy this semester.

1. McDonald's Sundaes
2. Empanadas
3. Jeggings
4. Hugs
5. Jamba Juice
6. Braided Bangs
7. 500 Days of Summer
8. The Hunger Games
9. Dirty 30
10. Taco Tuesdays
11. Cuddling
12. Gray Nail Polish
13. Brownies
14. Ticket to Ride
15. Cabin Sleepovers
16. Monopoly Deal
17. Libraries
18. Bow-Tie Pasta
19. Paper Mache
20. Whipping My Hair Back and Forth
21. My Planner
22. Money
23. Glee
24. Peace Signs
25. French Fries
26. Towels Fresh Out of the Dryer
27. Goldfish Crackers
28. Free Pens
29. Hand Sanitizer
30. The Candy Drawer at Work
31. Holiday Packages From Home
32. Tie Dye
33. My Institiute Class
34. Making Signs for Rec. League BBall Games
35. Superbowl Commercials
36. Working
37. My Roomies
38. Old Ladies Half-Time Show
39. Seeing Friends at the Library
40. String Cheese
41. Seeing Signs of Spring
42. Going on Drives
43. Making New Friends
44. Growing Up
45. Watching My Sibs Grow Up
46. Heart to Heart Chats
47. Oreos
48. Fake Fighting with the Roomies
49. Setting Goals
50. Overcoming Fears

Today is blue day, but hopefully this week will shape up.

No comments:

Post a Comment