Monday, August 30, 2010

Here we go!

I love being back in Logan!

This last week was absolutely insane but this semester feels different. Yes, I know it is only the first say of real school, but for some reason I just feel like I am off to a really good start and this semester is going to be amazing!

My Connections classes were so much fun! I got to work with two awesome instructors and we got a pretty neat batch of freshies. I love being a peer mentor. It makes me feel smart and loved. But really, having 60 freshmen ask me for advice makes my day. It was hard moving down here the first time, I was totally ready and anxious to come down to school, but it was still hard being thrown into a campus where I knew absolutely no one. So I like to think that I have some valuable advice to share with all of them. We hiked up to the wind caves on Friday and it was quite the adventure. Most of them weren't prepared with water and didn't realize that it was going to be rather strenuous, so there was a lot of complaining on the way up and we had to pass the water around. But once we got to the top, they all agreed it was worth it. I love the wind caves!

I love my apartment and my roommates. I have lived there for two days now and I feel like I've been there all of my life. Kaela and I are reunited after living apart for a year and Kaili and Alyssa are so fun! We have such a good group of girls and our apartment is so cute. It really is going to be a great year!

Today is my first day back at the library and in the two hours I have been here, I have helped four people. I'm going to be getting some serious homework done here at work and I love that study time doesn't have to interfere with social time.

Basically, I love my life! My birthday is in 11 days, the South America Reunion is in 12, Alyssa has been sharing her clothes, my ward seems super cool, and I don't start class until tomorrow. Life is great!

1 comment:

  1. haha i love how very happy you sound! I miss you! I've been thinking about you a lot lately because I got a job working in the writing lab in the tutoring center on campus here at dixie. so that really isn't in any way related to you, but i keep thinking about you because i'm working on campus, have a lot of time to study and do homework (aka fbook and blog) and i thought of you sitting at the lib at usu doing the same thing!! okay so that was lame and i'll just admit that i miss you. :)glad everything is great though, come to st george when it is still warm here and cold there, its the perfect getaway, i have a bed ready for you!

    ReplyDelete