Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mixed Feelings

I never want to get old. Today when we opened the theater, the first customer was an older man that wanted me to go through all my quarters to see if any of them were from the 60's. He was so excited when I found four quarters to trade. I guess he is a regular at the theater. Let me put this in better terms. There was nothing wrong with this man, but I honestly don't want to spend my days wandering around a mall looking for special quarters. I don't want to get old, because I don't want to lose my health and my mind. I want to be a marathon-running grandma and I never want to end up in a nursing home.

But on the other hand....I want to be like this couple.
I saw them walking on the beach in Rio and someday my eternal companion and I will be walking along that same beach. I want to be in love forever and so that is why I am ok with getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment