Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day!


I have never liked Valentine's Day. Yes, I am one of those people that likes to whine and complain about how much I hate seeing happy couples everywhere, while I remain single. It is on my bucket list to have a real Valentine, but obviously I'll have to try again next year.

Even though I find the holiday rather depressing, this year was a completely different experience and I must say that I had fun. The interns got roped into helping the Marketing Culture Committee with the festivities. We volunteered ourselves to do singing telegrams. We advertised to the all of the marketing department and let people order grams to be sent to other people, both in marketing and throughout headquarters. We had about 60 ordered without singing and 40 with singing. On Monday, a few of us stayed pretty late getting everything in order and making sure all of our deliveries were good to go. Tuesday afternoon we spent 2 1/2 hours walking around, singing to unsuspecting employees. It was great! Erin and Kelsey worked on lyrics and we changed up the words to Baby by Justin Bieber, Hero by Enrique Iglesias, The Way You Make Me Feel by the amazing MJ, My Girl by The Temptations, and We Found Love by Rihanna. All of the lyrics were Southwest themed and a huge hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment