Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Logan

This last weekend I got to go back to Logan! It was great!

Getting to SLC... not so great. I went through five different plans before I was able to find one that worked. I ended up going from Dallas to Kansas City to Portland (delayed 1 1/2 hrs) and finally to SLC. It was a long day!

Jake was kind enough to pick me up from the airport and that night we just chilled and watched a movie. Traveling is so exhausting.

Saturday I went to breakfast with Rick (the french toast and Kneaders = Amazing!). Then I went to see The Vow with Kimmi, Kaela, Tessa, Karen, and Shelby. I was not impressed with the movie, it was a little bit of a disappointment. Kimmi and I made Valentine's and watched Pirates of the Carribbean. Jake and I ate dinner at a Chinese place in Hyrum. I got to hang out with Dumb a ton. And finally, I went to Mardi Gras with Bill and Kenzie. It was a packed day!

Sunday morning, Kaela drove me back to SLC super early and I spent the day in airports once again. I was able to make to Phoenix and El Paso very easily, but then I had to wait five hours to get back to Dallas. I did fly to El Paso with the New Mexico State Basketball Team. One of the poor players was packed into the seat next to me. I can't imagine being over 6 feet tall and sitting on an airplane.

All in all, it was a good weekend, but I did feel a little out of place. I love Logan and I love USU, but I honestly feel like I don't belong in that scene anymore. Walking around Mardi Gras felt so weird. I can't even describe it. I really want to move back to Logan, but I don't think I can handle any of those events anymore. Not my scene at all. I saw a lot of ridiculous people. I'm not trying to get on soapbox, but I am so glad my mother taught me to respect myself! It never ceases to amaze me how girls dress. Do they not realize that hanging out of their clothes really isn't that cool? Shorter is not better and tighter really is not better. Sure, guys will glance their way, but really... is it worth it? I want to be respected and I don't see respect coming from dressing like a hussy. (Please excuse my wording... but come on...) And there it is. My soapbox. Thank you for mom for showing me that how I dress speaks volumes about who I am. I will always be grateful for that lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment