Sunday, October 10, 2010

Question of the Day:

Why do you do what you do? This was a question that was presented to us at church today. What motivates you to get out of bed, go to school and work, be nice to people, or make good choices? Really though, what is it? Life would be so much easier if we never had to do anything.

The motivating factor is definitely faith. We all have some degree of faith in things to come. Obviously if we didn't believe that there were great and wonderful things to come, we wouldn't even try.

Erin's lesson really got me thinking. How is my faith doing? I feel like I have really been screwing that one up lately. I have been too caught up in myself and worrying about every little thing that's been going on that I have forgotten to take a step back and look at the big picture. Everything happens for a reason and if I am living my life and doing what I am supposed to, then things are bound to eventually work out. We are told that we won't be given trials that we can't handle and they will only last a little while. But man, life is hard!

I know this is all super obvious, but sometimes it does help to write it out and reevaluate where I stand. I do what I do because I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and so many blessings that he is just waiting to give me. I need to exercise more faith and be more optimistic. I have so much to look forward to in life. I do what I do because I am alive and I love my life. I have an amazing family and great friends. I have a year left of my college education. I have been to South America. I have always had good health. I have a job. I have shelter and food. Honestly, I am so blessed and really love my life. I'm thinking I might have another long list of gratitude coming on....get excited!

2 comments:

  1. Shan, I really appreciate this post. I was just thinking today about gratitude. I have SO much to be grateful for. It is amazing. Still, it is a good thought to slow down for once in a while, what does motivate us?
    Also, I didn't know you only had a year of school left. Holy cow girl, you are cruisin through the whole education thing! Good for you! loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post Shana! L. O. V. E.

    ReplyDelete