Monday, March 5, 2012

Be Happy

It has now been two months into the new year and I am amazed at how quickly time has flown by. When the new year hit I looked back at the list of resolutions I made for 2011 and was disappointed to see that I failed miserably. I decided for 2012 that I was going to have one resolution: Be Happy. Yes, it is a simple and vague, but it is exactly what I need to focus on this year.

Am I happy right now? If I'm not, what is keeping me from being happy? FIX IT!

I have already noticed such a huge change in my life. I am working on one thing at a time, taking it day by day, and I truly feel happy. When you bombard ourself with a bunch of unrealistic resolutions, you are setting ourselves up for failure. You can't wake up one day and say that you are going to change five things in your life starting today. You pick one, work on it for a week or two or even three, and then when you feel comfortable, you move on to another facet.

Two months ago I left everything that was familiar and comfortable in my life. I moved to a new state, started a new job, and had to make new friends. I am an introvert, that is fact. It has been extremely hard for me to branch out but I have become so much stronger because of it. I have learned so much about myself and this job has set me on a path of self discovery. I am proud of who have become and I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment