Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blessed

I don't even know how to describe how grateful I am for the blessings in my life.

My internship is up next week and this past month has been so stressful trying to figure out my next plan. I had submitted so many resumes and cover letters to businesses in Utah and was frustrated that nothing was working out. Then, in the space of five hours, I got accepted to teach English in Taiwan, had an interview set up in Provo, and was approached about a position at Southwest. I was so overwhelmed! I went from having zero prospects to having three incredible opportunities.

I hadn't really considered staying in Dallas up until this point, but from the moment I was told about the position, I knew that it was right.

So here is my big news, I am staying in Dallas for six more months!

I get to work with the Chase Co-Brand Team in Marketing at Southwest Airlines. I am so excited for this opportunity and can't wait to get started on my projects. I still get to work a little bit with the team that I interned with, but I get exposure to a different side of marketing and get to work with the Chase Credit Card. I am so grateful for this job and know that I am blessed. The position is a Contractor position, so in six months I will either be asked to extend, offered a full-time position, or I can be on my way to my next adventure.

I found a roommate and an apartment today and I am so glad that I get to live with somebody from the ward. I was afraid that I would end up living all by myself and Rebecca is wonderful and we are going to be great roommates!

Everything has been falling into place and I know that it is because I have been doing all that I can. We have to go through some crazy trials before we get to experience joy, and all I can say is that I have been tried and I am so happy now. Dallas just feels right, it's as simple as that.

The past four months I have spent so much time traveling and hanging out with other interns and I am excited to get to know the people in my ward and spend more time in Dallas. I am excited for my Dallas adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Shan! I am SO SO SO excited for you! What an incredible opportunity this is! Thanks for keeping us posted about your awesome life!!

    ReplyDelete